Youth Fall Soccer Registration
A warm Gorge Soccer welcome to all returning and new players, parents and coaches.
The Gorge Online Registration system for the new fall season is open.
For further information on registrations, please refer to our Registration Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document - Registration FAQ Document
The most important thing is to register with the club AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Last season we had a large waiting list of players that we could not place on a team.
- Register early to ensure a spot for your player next season & save on your registration fee! Last season we had to implement a waitlist for some divisions. In some divisions the club does fill up and players can get waitlisted. Please make sure you register early.
- All players must be registered (payment not necessary) at Gorge soccer (or originating club for pooled VIPL teams) to attend an assessments.
- If you do pay and change your mind we can always de-register the players and the club can provide refund of fees if you have also paid.
- Players that want to pay by cheque are still required to complete the online registration form – the link can be found on the top left hand side under "Online Services” then "Youth Registration”
- The online registration allows for secure Credit Card or E-Check payment through PayPal.
- For new players to Gorge … A "Proof of Age" document must be on file with Gorge. If this is your first time registered with us you must include a photocopy of one of the following documents with your registration: Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, Passport, Citizenship card/papers, Immigration papers, Status Indian card, or sworn affidavit. If you have previously submitted Proof of Age you do not need to resubmit
- Proof of Age can be i) dropped off at Gorge Clubhouse Saturday mornings when clubhouse is opened, or ii) mailed to Gorge Soccer Association PO Box 44207 Gorge Plaza Victoria B.C. V9A 7K1
Gorge requires a minimum of $80 deposit be paid before the player is assigned to a team or before they start training / playing. Payment in full is desired.
Those that have arranged payment plans with Gorge; have paid deposits; or those waiting for Financial Assistant programs (KidSport) will be the exception.
Please carefully read the registration instructions below before you register online.
FALL SEASON RATES AGE GROUP / DIVISIONS
*** Regular Fee amounts are shown. Discounts (Early bird + Family discounts are removed automatically if applicable)
*** $20/member Turf Replacement Fee is included in the Regular Fees
Lil’ Kickers - U5/U6 (Birth years 2013-2012)
· Play In-house skills / games on Saturday
· Physical literacy-based games with a soccer ball
· Year-end in-house jamboree
MINIS: U7/U8 (Birth years 2011-2010)
Early Bird Fee $220.00 / Regular $245.00
· U7/U8 play in-house game on Saturday
· Weekly practise starts
· Year-end Jamboree
MINI’s U9/10 (Birth years 2009 - 2008)
· U9/U10 play in-house games on Saturday's with periodic inter-club games
· 1 team practices per week + additional academy practise (optional)
· Free weekly academy all year
· Optional Futsal
· Year-end Jamboree
Super-8’s U11 & U12 (Birth years 2007-2006)
· Play interlocking schedule with other clubs on Saturday's
· Two practices: 1 team practices per week + additional academy practise (optional). U12’s also have an optional second team practise per week.
· Free weekly academy all year and optional Futsal
· Year-end Jamboree
Full Field: U13-U18 (birth years 2005-20000)
· LISA league games on weekend.
· Twice weekly practises
· Academy for u13 – U14
· Year-end Banquet (u12-u13)
Early Bird Fees end on June 30th
Please note that in order to get fees at the first level, fees (or your deposit) must be received by June 30th. Just registering online does not reserve that fee level.
Gorge’s fees are “all in” – Gorge does not charge any additional fees such as VIPL Fee; Volunteer Fee; Facilities/Turf Improvement Fee; etc. For further information on fees breakdown – what they include and what they go towards, please see Registration FAQ Document and Fees Document.
There is a $25 family discount for each child from the same family beyond the first child i.e. the first child pays full fare and each additional child gets a $25 discount. You must register all your children online at once to receive the sibling discount.
- IMPORTANT - Use "add a sibling registration" button on form to add all your children and receive automatic sibling discounts. If one child joins later on so you could not register all children at once please contact club with all children's name and ask for sibling discount, we will link all together and apply discounts to your account.
OUT OF BOUNDARY (TRANSFER) FEE
All players who do not live within the Gorge Soccer catchment area (see boundary map) must pay a Lower Island Soccer Association (LISA) administrative fee of $25 annually. Please ensure you correctly identify your transfer status when you register if you live outside Gorge catchment area. The club Registrar will be checking these annually and making corrections to fees if this information has not been provided correctly. For details regarding club catchments, please see also LISA website.
If you plan to declare your player as a coach's exemption, you are still considered a transfer and subject to transfer fee, please declare yourself a transfer at time of registration and pay the fee.
Only players who have been granted “grandfather status” are eligible for an exemption from this fee. Grandfather status means you once lived inside the Gorge catchment but moved outside of the catchment. This requires completion and acceptance by the league of a grandfather status form.
UNIFORMS / UNIFORM DEPOSIT
Gorge does not charge for a uniform deposit; instead, for the u9 and above age groups we sell the players a kit (jersey/shorts/socks) for $25.00 which the player keeps and uses year to year. When the kit is outgrown or lost, the players can always purchase another kit.
Sorry, we cannot refund money paid for soccer kits that have already been worn.
IMPORTANT - Gorge will NOT provide a uniform to anyone who has not paid their uniform fee (in person or online). The only reason for this is to ease the administrative burden of tracking payments.
ONLINE REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
"Paper Registration" is not available. Contact the Registrar should this be required or come to the clubhouse Saturdays 9-11am.
Registration Payment: Is by Credit Card / PayPal. (Processing fees are included with registration)
Online Payment (PayPal / Credit Card) Is Available.
Please note that this online payment system is VERY secure and used by eBay, banking corporation, etc. If you are not sure about how online payments work, please see Help Document here.
To Pay Registration Fees by Cash/Cheque:
Payment can be made by cheque, made payable to Gorge Soccer Association. Please write registrant's name and age group on the cheque. Please deliver your cash or cheques to the Club House at Hampton Park during registration dates, Saturdays 9-11am or to the following address:
Gorge Soccer Association
PO Box 44207 Gorge Plaza
Victoria, BC V9A 7K1
Any cheque returned as NSF will be levied a NSF fee of $25.
Cheque must be received before Early Bird Cut-Off date in order to get the early bird discount (we will send reminders).
Early-Bird Payment – Payment must be received BEFORE June 30th. Otherwise fees will be adjusted to the regular fee.
Full Fee Payment - Fee payment must be received BEFORE DECEMBER 31st. Registrations not paid by December 31st will be cancelled and de-registered. This excludes those players registering with KidSport (or other fee support service).
If financial help is needed please contact registrar.
Outstanding/Delinquent Payments – Those players registering but have delinquent/outstanding payments from previous years will not be placed on a soccer team until the past account has been reconciled.
The policy of the Gorge Soccer Association is to issue full refunds before October 1st (excepting a small administrative / handling fee). All refunds are subject to the following administration fees, and/or in addition to deductions for registration fees paid by the Club to BCSA, LISA, VISL, LIWSA, and equipment charges for Jerseys not returned, and/or shorts and socks worn.
· Up to September 1 - full refund
· Up to October 1 – full refund less $25 administration fee
· Up to December 15 - prorated refund less $100 (LISA/BCSoccer fees + administrative fee)
· After December 15 - no refund unless a medical note is submitted with a refund form
Youth players not placed on a team will receive 100% refund.
Refunds will typically not be processed until after October 1st.
In cases of financial difficulty, KidSport Victoria may provide grants to cover fees (does not include deposit cheques or volunteer fees). You can register your child and please select "pay by cheque" option in online registration process and make note that you will be applying to KidSport for a grant. You must apply every year for a grant. See KidSport Victoria for details. In the event of a withdrawal, KidSport grants are refunded back to KidSport, never to the applicant. If you need assistance with any of this contact the club.
Tax receipts are not provided to KidSport grant recipients.
CCRA CHILD FITNESS TAX RECEIPTS
Tax receipts are emailed after January 15th to the email address that was indicated on registration form.
For information on the CRA Child tax credit consult the CRA web page: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/fitness/.
Gorge Soccer Association only collects personal information when you request our services and only uses the information collected to provide those services for you. Private information provided (such as your name, address, Care Card numbers, etc.) is only used for financial purposes (e.g. Income Tax receipts) and communication purposes between the Club/Coaches/Parents and our parent organizations (LISA, BCSoccer, CSA, FIFA). Gorge Soccer Association handles all of this data with the utmost confidentiality.