To provide for a positive youth soccer environment, the Gorge will take the following steps to encourage participation by community members as referees and improve refereeing at games:
- Designate a referee coordinator to oversee the referee program. (Note: the referee coordinator may also be the designated referee assignor.)
- Provide a Field Marshall on game days to be available to support referees and coaches
- Designate a BCSA certified and registered referee assignor to assign BCSA certified and registered officials for all recreation plus and or competitive games held by this club.
- Develop referee program that emphasizes player education and safety in a recreational, recreation plus and or a competitive setting;
- Provide instructional materials on soccer rules and refereeing procedures to all referees;
- Sponsor orientation and training to referees;
- Provide mentoring opportunities to club referees through the Gorge referee mentoring program
- Provide additional training and replace referees as appropriate;
- Gorge agrees to inform and require all CSA/BCSA registered and certified adult referees to successfully complete the Gorge referee background check prior to being assigned to or officiating at any Gorge sanctioned game or scrimmage.
Referee Development Sites
Other Referee develpoment information