1. Only players, coaches and official are allowed on the turf field. Any additional parents that go on the field must be designated by the coach or manager to be on the
field (e.g. parent as a linesman).
2. Water is the only beverage allowed on the turf field. No other drinks are permitted. This includes pop, juice and sports drinks (e.g. Gatorade). Food and
drink other than water has the potential to block the turf drainage system and reduce the life of the turf.
3. No food, chewing gum, candies on the turf field (this includes oranges). No food or drink is to be permitted. Food and drink other than water has the potential to block the turf
drainage system and reduce the life of the turf. This includes the half-time oranges. Have your
oranges outside of the fenced area.
4. No long blades or studs are to be worn while playing on the turf field. Footwear that has long blades, studs, or heels can put puncture holes in the Turf Field, which can cause
unnecessary wear-and-tear. This includes the 6-stud style soccer boots (those with screw-in metal
5. No furniture allowed on the turf field. This includes chairs, tables, etc. Furniture can have small feet that may puncture the turf membrane.
6. Clean your area used during your time on the turf field. Please do your part to help by disposing of trash in the receptacles provided - do not leave anything on
or around the field.
7. Stay off the turf and remain behind the fence until your scheduled time. Do not warm up on the field before your scheduled time, even if you believe a team is not using the
8. Only parents are to carry nets on and off the field! Pick up and carry the nets! Do not drag them! Dragging the nets is the best way to damage the turf
surface. If your game or following game requires net changes, get you parents to help carry the nets on
and off the field. Do not use your players. Please return the nets to the proper locations.
It is the coaches’ responsibility to ensure that these rules are understood by your team (parents and players) and by any visiting team.
PLEASE HELP US MAINTAIN THE GORGE SOCCER ASSOCIATION’S TURF FIELD AS A WORLD-CLASS FACILITY!